DOG ATTACKS AND OTHER ANIMAL ATTACKS
If you were injured by a dog (Pitbull, Rottweiler, Mastiffs, Boxers, Huskies, Dobermans, Danes, etc.), Savanah Cat, Bengal Car, other hybrid cats, rabbit, bird, parrot, snake, hornet, wasp, bee, horse, cow, deer, lizard, spider, tarantula or any other animal, please contact us immediately. Often times, homeowners or renters have insurance that will cover your damages. If the attack causes injury to your pet, you can also recover damages.
Even if you weren’t bit, a scratch, or other injury can suffice. Even where no injury occurred and you are fleeing from an animal and get hurt some other way, you and recover for your injuries.
What to do if you are attacked by a dog:
- Use objects like backpack or sweaters to trick the dog into attacked that instead. They dog just be content with gnawing at whatever object you use. It is always a good idea to carry something that you can put between yourself and the attacking dog.
- If the attack is avoidable, shield your throat, eyes, face and head. Ball your hands tightly into fists to avoid losing fingers. If you must be bitten, the safest place for it to happen is the shin or forearm; a dog bite to the thigh can cause fatal bleeding.
- If bitten, to not get into a tug of war with your limbs and the dog. The injury will just become worse. Try to you’re a free arm to grab the dogs leg and lift it off the ground.
- Once the threat is clear, call 9-1-1 immediately. Officers will arrive and do a report for you or they can meet you at the hospital. Get in an ambulance and go straight to the ER. Even for small wounds, dogs have diseases such as rabies that can cause sickness and death.
- Be sure to take pictures of your wounds immediately. Wounds heal fast and pictures will show the extent of the damages. Keep taking pictures of the scarring as it progresses. Scarring has lots of value in terms of the case.
- When an animal is deemed inherently dangerous or has history of biting, there is no need to prove fault. Even if the dog owner did nothing wrong and you walk up to a dog and get bitten, they are still responsible. Dog attacks can cause a lot of trauma, especially to younger kids. Please seek psychological care to avoid long term issues relating to animals.
- Automobile Accidents
- Slip & Falls
- Employment Issues
- Dog Bites
- Medical Malpractice
- Product Liability
- Assault and Battery
- Poor Living Conditions
- Coronavirus Business Insurance Claim
- Wrongful Death
- Santa Ana Personal Injury Law
- Santa Ana Car Accident Lawyer
- Santa Ana Bus Accident Lawyer
- Santa Ana Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Santa Ana Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Santa Ana Truck Accident Lawyer
- Orange County Car Accident Lawyer